The inspiration for this week’s wedding moodboard comes from the Pre-Raphaelite work of John William Waterhouse.
The Pre-Raphaelite movement was heavily influenced by the fasciation of mythology and mystical romanticism which his evident in Waterhouse’s ‘Mermaid’ and ‘The Siren.’ two of my main influences today.
How to incorporate this into your wedding:
- Use soft flowing fabrics and tussled hair to emulate water
- Use blues, greens and pink earthy tones in bridesmaids dresses and flowers
- Use trinkets and coloured glass to create a washed ashore feel
- Laced adorned with pearls and light beading will add that ‘scaly’ sparkle
- Use long floral runners to emulate seaweed